Artist Statement

My focus is on blues and folk music/culture. I'm interested in the historical context of certain music as well as the charged political, emotional, social, narrative and expressive nature associated with these styles of music. As a musician, I am inspired by the skilled and stylized playing. I am moved by the returning theme of nihilism and loneliness in the human experience that is personified through blues music and the historical moral narratives apparent in folk music. My interest is to re-interpret lyrics/concepts and create visual manifestations of them to continue in my development as a musician/poet/visual artist, as well and study the physical nature, evolution and cultural appropriation of this music.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Physicalities of Playing



I chose to make this video to observe the way in which I perform without the distraction of sound. I'm am very interested with the unique mannerisms of any given performing artist and I think this hones in on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment